Featured Image: Hello Fashion Blog
Article By: Jonnie Davis
How often do you forget to take care of yourself? Whether it’s taking an extra-long lunch break, or indulging in your favorite dessert, we all need to take time to slow down and care for ourselves. It is not always easy when we are taking care of others, and working hard to get everything done.
When we forget to take care of ourselves, we often find ourselves exhausted, irritable, and it becomes hard for us to be there for the people we love.
When I was in school, I was continually running myself ragged trying to keep up with my heavy course load, and my social life. I was always focused on my goals, and the unreasonable expectations I had set for myself. I forgot to take care of myself and ended up in the hospital on account of dehydration and exhaustion. My aching muscles were a huge reminder that I wasn’t showing myself enough love and attention.[ctt template=”2″ link=”e9LRf” via=”no” ]Self-care is a necessity; it’s not at all selfish.[/ctt]
Don’t feel guilty for saying no to an invite or a request when you need to take time out for yourself. You can’t honestly be there for others if you are in a mental fog yourself. When you take good care of yourself, you are more likely to approach things with a clear head. The best thing you can do for your mind, body, and soul is to take a break and show yourself some love
“There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling leaves and remember that it is enough to be taken care of by my self.” -Brian Andreas
1. Burn your favorite scented candle.
2. Take a long hot bath.
3. Go for a walk in your favorite park.
4. Make a gratitude list, write down everything you’re are thankful for.
5. Bake your favorite dessert, and then eat it!
6. Give yourself a manicure & Pedicure.
7. Deep condition your hair for 30 minutes.
8. Get a Sample of your favorite perfume.
9. Do a face mask.
10. Buy yourself some fresh flowers.
11. Treat yourself to a facial.
12. Do a digital detox. No electronics or social media for a whole day.
13. Declutter your space.
14. Invest in a good bra.
15. Wear a high SPF.
16. Don’t put yourself down.
17. Forgive others. Forgive yourself
18. Get rid of toxic people.
19. Go on an intense hike. Appreciate the view at the top.
20. Practice mindfulness.
21. Listen to your favorite playlist.
22. Get outside in the sun.
23. Go on a lunch date with your grandmother.
24. Take your mom to dinner. ( This one is not so free, but totally worth it)
25. Binge watch your favorite Netflix show.
26. Invite your best friend over for wine and cooking.
27. Do something that brings you joy.
28. Go to an art museum.
29. Find some live music to listen to on a night out.
30. Go to your favorite restaurant with your loved one.
31. Sleep in for a couple of hours on the weekend.
32. Spend the whole day with your pet.
34. Plan a weekend getaway.
35. Read your favorite book.
37. Do something out of your comfort zone.
38. Help someone with a small task. Open a door, carry a grocery bag.
39. Get dressed up and take yourself on a date.
40. Splurge a little.
41. Check in with your emotions.
42. Get positive feedback, ask four friends to tell you what they love about you.
43. Inhale your favorite scent.
44. Make a small healthy change in your diet. Add something green. Drink twice the amount of water you would normally drink.
45. Go dancing.
46. Laugh it out with your favorite person.
47. Do something selfish. Do one thing just for you.
48. Avoid triggers.
49. Put on clean, fresh pj’s and climb into bed.
50. Diffuse your favorite essential oils.
51. Stretch or get into a yoga class.
52. Have a picnic in the park alone.
53. Do some drawing or writing.
54. Work toward something that inspires you.
55. Have your significant other give you a massage.
56. Have a girl’s night in.
57. Watch a stand-up comedy.
58. Call someone you love.
59. Recite positive affirmations.
60. Try a healthy new recipe (Tons of options here)
61. Make a vision board.
62. Get up really early, climb the nearest hill and watch the sunrise.
63. Write a love letter to yourself.
64. Have a hot cup of tea.
65. Surround yourself with amazing people.
66. Learn how to say no.
67. Check in with yourself regularly.
68. Gift your inner child.
69. Create a safe place.
70. Reflect on your accomplishments.